Land of the Rair
A downloadable game
THE LAND OF THE RAIR
Land of the Rair is a MUD-style game mixed with MORPG. You start as a no-name adventurer in the Lands and can progress towards being a great hunter or crafter. The Lands are filled with many dangerous creatures, but with the right gear, you can take them all on.
A lot of the game is point and click on a 2d map. You'll have an "action queue" where you can stack up to 30 actions that will execute at the rate of 1 action per second, meaning you can queue up lots of attacks on a creature, or create your own custom macros to do more interesting things.
- Handcrafted multiplayer RPG world
- Four canonical character classes - Mage, Thief, Healer, and Warrior
- Lots of items and creatures to find them from
- Quick-paced combat
- Trade skills to customize your gear or create new gear
- Classic-style skills - you get better the more you use your abilities
- A market board to sell your rare items to other players
- A global lobby for chatting outside of game, and heavy discord integration
- A deep custom macro system
- Large skill tree for each class
- Customizable interface with lots of Quality of Life features
- Much more on the way!
Land of the Rair is being developed by a single person (me!) based out of the Midwest. The game is entirely open source and community contributions are encouraged! Currently, the game is playable and has a fair amount of content, but is nowhere near complete.
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||GIMP, Phaser|
|Tags||2D, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Multiplayer|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Source code|
Download, unzip, and run the .exe.